2007 marked 140 years since Christians first met as Baptists in Melton Mowbray.
The original 32 members first met in homes and then public buildings before the first church building was completed in 1876. This first building opened it's doors on 7th May of that year.
But in 1992 a remarkable vision was realised and we moved into our current building on a new site. This was the result of Gods amazing grace in the provision of nearly £500,000 to complete the build.
It is always good to celebrate and after over 140 years we celebrate Gods goodness and lovingkindness to us. We are thankful to God for His care through the years and, God willing, look forward to an increase in His Kingdom in the years to come.
We are sometimes contacted about specific periods in our history and the following documents have been compiled as a result of inquiries and may be of interest to some historians:
- The origins and formation of the Particular Baptist Church in Melton Mowbray.
- A brief summary of the church history.
- The calling of our first Pastor - JJ Irving, 1868-71.
- The Rev Cox, 1880-86.
All are PDF format.